Monday, November 2, 2009

travel journal to Surabaya episode 2

We finally arrived at Surabaya airport, when we came out at the door, we saw Ika's hubby carrying her daughter. At first she did not realize her mother because her mother was working in Malaysia for 2 straight whole year. The the whole bunch of group families greeted us. Happy to see us. They rented a van just to picked us at the airport. I seat in front with Ika, her daughter and another 3 year old cousin.



It was hot sunny afternoon. We stopped at a nearby Nasi Padang shop. We were surprised the cost of the whole family meal cost like Rupiah350. Our currency is RM1 to 2.6 rupiah. The supir purposely brought us to expensive restaurant (even though that restaurant doesn't look exclusive at all) because he said he was shy with anak majikan. hmmm..It was Ika that paying for it and not be. Bt the way I haven't change my currency to rupiah yet.



I thought the journey the her house in Kg Asem Bagus was like only 4 hours. Actually it took us almost 6 hours. If with bus it will take us 7 hours. That oso depending which bus, either the 'lompat2' bus or the express bus.



Along the way, Ika's daughter vomitted twice. Luckily, 'tak kena'. I had fun seing new sight but because of the long journey I became weak and weaker. At last, I reached Ika's house around 8 o'clock t night. Here, the maghrib is 6 o'clock. The dawn is around 3:30 in the morning. So by the time I reached Ika's house it was dark. But all the famili members still awake to greet us. I salam with everyone. Carry my bags. The room was nice and cosy. Mandi terus tido. Tired. Ika's house was a one level storey and was tiled including the rooms and the toilet. So it makes me feel 'clean'..hehehe sori ika. That was a compliment...to be continue 2nd day....

No comments:

Post a Comment