Friday, April 20, 2012

Dilation and curettage (D&C)

I did my D&C on Monday 16 March 2012 in the same place I had my son delivered in a clinic in Klang. It had to be done because the heartbeat of the baby has stop by 8 weeks in pregnancy and now as I am having my D&C it is 11 weeks and the half.

In the first place, I went to check up at a random women's clinic in SS2 as it is nearer to my house and I d not want to go to klinik kesihatan yet. The doctor told me that the baby having no heartbeat and the baby already stopped growing. He scanned me twice and another scanned is from the underneath to confirmed it. I was surprised as I thought it would never happen to as I had my son easily even though at that time I was not ready to become a Mother. But Allah knows better. Usually when you really want something, it is much more difficult to get it compare to if you are not ready for it. As I said Allah knows better. Even my husband have tears in his eyes. As for me, as I reach home, I was blanked and I do not know what to do and cried. Pasrah.

The worst thing that could happen was, even the baby is not alive, I was still having my nausea, my mouth still feel payau, and the worst I was tired all the time. Even to walk I need to make an effort. I think it is much worse than I was pregnant. But from nausea point, it is becoming better. I read it in the internet, the hormon is reducing so I am getting better. The only thing was I feel really2 tired. I think it is eating up inside...scary. That is why I wanted to do the operation fast.

I went to University Hospital to know the doctor is only free another 2 weeks. The doctor don't even check me up. I was frustrated and I was misreable being where I am and feel the way I am at that time. Lastly, we, my husband and I went to a private clinic.

Now, I am on MC for the whole week.
How do I feel? Not that sad because I can't wait to get over the tiredness and nausea but in the same time I still feel sad as I already went through 2 months of nausea and all my plans just went to the dustbin. As I say, human can plan, but Allah knows better.

During the operation, I do not feel a think as I was put under gas bius. It was a fast procedure and it is not call emergency. The operation was taken about 1 hour. Before that I was being inserted into the vagina a medication to make the vagina to be soft. I have to wait for 1 or 2 hours to make the medicition take place. I felt like having period cramp but it is still can be handle. After the operation I felt really dizzy and it takes around 1 hour to make it to go off. I even vomitted because the nurse told the body is rejecting the bius. My stomach feels a bit pain as the nurse told me because the rahim is trying to shrink like we are after deliver. Anyway, I managed to get home around 1 o'clock in the evening. It takes almost half a day.

Now, I in confinement. That is another reason why I have time to blog.

My hubby said because we when to Krabi and it was the plane air preassure. I do not feel that was the major reason as I did not go snorkeling or active sports even swimming or massage I did not do as I was feeling nausea and dizzy.

Let's list down what is the cause that could make this happen:
1. I did not eat pregnancy medication like obimin or asid folik (I eat asid folik but not discipline)
2. Because I was too active taking care of my first son, carrying him, crawl and play with him.
3. Maybe because my son always sits on my lap and sometimes preassure the stomach even sometimes he could just jump on it.
4. As my husband said, the plane preassure should be blame.
5. I thought because in Krabi, the food are to be suspicious of the 'halal'nity, They say it is halal but they still served alchohol to the foreigners. The food is not pure to become baby Moslim flesh. Waallahualam.
6. I never take care of myself because I never when for checkup before that. I just want to get over the nausea that is why I just ignore the checkup.
7. I still do house work as normal. I did not get enough rest.

Scientificly, the doctor said exact reason it is unknown but a few possibilities would be the abnormality chromosome, the sperm is spoilt, something wrong with women's egg, the ovum and sperm are not properly attached.

Nevertheless, we should take this as qada' and qadar. Try again. InsyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment